CLOSELY HELD BUSINESSES
More than 90 percent of corporations in the U.S. are closely held businesses — those with a limited number of owners, sometimes related. This is our sweet spot. From start-ups to multinationals, closely held businesses are the core of our practice and the heart of our firm.
We appreciate the entrepreneurial spirit of these clients and do our very best to foster their success. We are proactive in addressing their needs, bringing them ideas and strategies to improve their business performance. For family businesses, we also understand the dynamics and challenges of working with those close to you, generation after generation.
The longevity of our relationships with these businesses speaks to the excellent rapport that exists between our clients and our firm. Our clients feel comfortable calling or stopping by to discuss what’s on their minds, and we don’t hesitate to share the knowledge we’ve gained by serving clients like them for 90 years.
In addition to our traditional accounting, audit, and tax services, our closely held business clients often take advantage of other services tailored to their needs:
- EXIT STRATEGY CONSULTING – The day you start your business is the day you should start considering your succession plan and exit strategy. We can help you brainstorm and execute a plan.
- GIFT AND ESTATE PLANNING – Your business and family financial circumstances are inextricably linked, so a big-picture approach is essential to effective gift and estate planning.
- MERGER AND ACQUISITION CONSULTING – We can help you get your company ready for sale, perform due diligence, structure deals, and determine the tax consequences of transactions.
- BUY-SELL AGREEMENTS – A must-have for businesses with two or more owners, these documents dictate what will happen if an owner dies, is incapacitated, or wants to leave the company.
- ENTITY STRUCTURE ANALYSIS – C or S corp? Partnership or LLC? Choosing the appropriate entity can have a significant impact on your tax situation.
- ACCOUNTING SYSTEM CONSULTING – Let us weigh in on which software and system will work best for your company.
- STRATEGIC AND GENERAL BUSINESS PLANNING – Sometimes its beneficial to have the guidance and input of a neutral party when making big business decisions. We can help you identify and evaluate your options.
For more information about our services for closely held businesses, please contact:
P. Frank Berry, CPA
Christopher C. Brubaker, CPA
Richard M. Busofsky, CPA
Helene H. Downs, CPA
W. Keith Haney, CPA
James F. Hutcherson, CPA
Kevin L. Keller, CPA
Glenn M. Lankford, CPA
Alfred L. Layne, Jr., CPA
Jennifer S. Lehman, CPA, CGMA
Lawrence J. Martin, CPA
Dean A. Martinelli, CPA, ABV
Edward J. Schmitz, CPA, CFE, CGMA
Phillip W. Shiflett, CPA
Travis W. Simpson, CPA
Kendra L. Stribling, CPA
Robin C. Swink, CPA
Jeffrey D. Ulmer, CPA