At Hantzmon Wiebel, we know nonprofit organizations from the inside out. Members of our firm serve on a number of nonprofit boards, and we are proud to support the mission of so many worthy organizations.
Our firm serves a broad range of nonprofit organizations including:
- College and university foundations
- Historic properties
- Health and welfare organizations
- Public and private foundations
- 501(c)(3) charitable organizations
- Private schools
In addition to our traditional accounting and tax services, our services for nonprofit organizations include:
- AUDITS, REVIEWS, AND COMPILATIONS – Which level of service do you need? We’ll help you decide, based on how you plan to use your financial statements
- FORM 990 PREPARATION – Tax-exempt organizations must file this form annually. The accuracy of its disclosures are key factors in fundraising and public relations
- APPLICATION FOR TAX-EXEMPT STATUS – Even if you’re already incorporated, filing the IRS 501(c)(3) application is a crucial step toward generating tax-deductible donations and accessing certain grants
- EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PLAN AUDITS – Federal law requires qualified employee benefits plans with 100+ participants to be audited. Our specialized team can perform both full-scope and limited-scope audits
- INTERNAL CONTROLS REVIEW – This service is designed to evaluate existing controls and identify areas for improvement to increase efficiency and deter fraud
- PLANNED GIVING – We can weigh in on how your organization can work with donors to leverage their philanthropic plans in a tax-advantaged way
- EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION ISSUES – Let us help you determine an appropriate compensation plan that is both attractive and in line with nonprofit benchmarks
- ENDOWMENT FUND GUIDANCE – Whether you have one or need one, an endowment fund must be carefully managed to preserve value and meet spending requirements.
- BOARD GOVERNANCE REVIEW – Fine-tuning the board’s performance can have a significant impact on your organization. We can assess your current situation and share best practices on board structure and processes.
- UNRELATED BUSINESS INCOME – A portion of your income may be subject to unrelated business income tax if it meets certain tax code requirements.
For more information about our services for nonprofit organizations, please contact: